Summer League Captaining FAQ
What are some of the benefits of captaining?
- Free summer league admission!*
- The opportunity to select your own team
- Organize at least one fun event for your team (GMDA subsidized. Examples: bowling night, movie night, etc.)
- Satisfaction of giving back to the ultimate community
*All captains are asked to submit a registration form and pay like everyone else. The GMDA Board will subsequently issue refunds to the selected captains (100% to lone captains, or 50% to each co-captain.)
What qualities are you looking for in captains?
A summer league captain will:
- Attend a captain orientation session
- Attend draft night and pick your team
- Have excellent attendance at league games
- Check the website, the calendar, and your email for scheduling and other updates
- Email all appropriate information to the team members
- Make sure your team is ready to play at the designated time and field
- Make sure you and your team are having fun
- Encourage, mentor, and reach out to new players to ensure they are having fun and learning the game.
- Make sure your team knows you require advance notice for any absences; report all issues (attendance issues, etc.) to the GMDA Board
- Be sure you and your team are aware of all rules and policies
- Report (or appoint a team members to report) scores to the GMDA Board promptly after each game